Monday 23 April 2012

My Storage & Makeup Area

Hello sweeties, I hope you've all had a lovely weekend. I've wanted to blog about my storage and makeup area for ages now. I have finally sorted and re-organised my makeup and beauty products. I'm still wanting to tweak a couple things but for the time being I'm much happier with it, I can now put my hand to what I'm looking for rather than sifting through piles of makeup. It's like trying to find a needle in a haystack especially with the amount of blushers and lipsticks I have!

OK so here goes...


I have the Ikea 9 drawer Alex unit which is a godsend! I bought this just before Christmas last year with some of my birthday money. It's the best money I've spent for storage and whilst it's a little pricey it does the job and looks good too.
I have all my makeup, body and hair products in the unit as well as some storage baskets on top which you can see.

 

Next to my unit I have all my nail polishes stored in my S&G hat box then a little zip pouch which has my nail treatments and files in. Next to it is a matching wicker basket to the one on my unit. I have a mix of products in there which I am due to test out and blog about.
 

 

On top of the unit is the other wicker basket which has a mix of products in, these are the ones which I'm currently using and loving. Next to it is my lipstick storage. I bought this last year from Asda and it's perfect for my lip products. It has 4 drawers, top drawer houses my lip balms, then the other 3 drawers have been sorted to store my pink/peach/nude lipsticks and glosses.


 

On top of my lipstick unit I have a couple pencil holders from Tescos which have some of my every day makeup brushes which I use. I do have my Sigma roll which has other brushes in but when not in use I store them in one of the drawers. The other pencil pot has a mix of eye liners in.


In front of the lipstick unit is 2 green glass storage glasses which I've used to store my hair brushes in and my cotton wool balls. Then finally in front of the wicker basket is my skincare storage tray, this is perfect for my skincare. It's also home to my Clarisonic, toners, serums, day & night creams and eye creams.


So there you have it, If you would like any more in depth storage posts please comment below and let me know what you would like to see and I will do my best to take more photos and blog. Or if you wanted a collection post let me know below.

I love these type of posts so please leave me your links below.

Sherrie xoxo



4 comments:

  1. Awesome girl :) applauding you for being so organised :) im taking tips from here now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Alex drawers are fab, I would love something like that to store mine in! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh and I thought my collection was big! I have the Alex 5 drawer and I think that the Alex's are by far the best investment when it comes to storage. Its been a godsend to me too. Plus its so sturdy and good quality for the price I don't think I can rave about it enough!

    Becky
    Becky’s Makeup and Beauty

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thanks for your messages they bring a smile to my face Thank you ♥